Love what you do and you’ll never work a day in your life!
The word “work” often has a negative connotation because it suggests that you’re always busy, you always have deadlines to meet and things to do. But this isn’t necessarily true.
Hosts Caiseen Kelly and Asya Gonzalez look at the “whys” of working hard to achieve goals. They interview award -winning author Brooks Olbrys about his book series, The Adventures of Blue Ocean Bob. This colorful and inspiring early chapter book series provides young readers with an introduction to timeless principles of achievement. Brooks encourages us to follow our hearts and passions to discover our purpose, then, work will be fulfilling and joyful. Reporter of Book It!, Courtney Cheng, discusses the novel, Motherland, a story about a German mother caught in the middle of WWII and what working meant to her family. Having work could simply be your own way of keeping yourself busy, your mind sharp, your body active. Asya Gonzalez tells how she became a child entrepreneur and how the hard work led to her being awarded one of five top teen entrepreneurs of 2015 and winning the Dan Danner Leadership Award providing an additional $10,000 scholarship to fund her college dream.
“Don’t forget! In this life, you are never alone.
You need not do everything all on your own.
With your purpose now set and your vision so clear,
you can act on your goals and watch wonders appear!”
- – Wallace the walrus in The Adventures of Blue Ocean Bob: A Journey Begins, Winner of the 2015 Next Generation Indie Book Award for Children’s/Juvenile Fiction
- – Brooks Olbrys
- – BIO:
- – As a lifelong student of achievement philosophies, Brooks Olbrys was inspired by his young son to make these philosophies accessible to children in the storybook series, The Adventures of Blue Ocean Bob.
- – A graduate of Stanford University, the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts, and the University of California at Berkeley School of Law, Brooks is the founder of Children’s Success Unlimited and a managing director at investment bank Ion Partners. He lives with his wife and son in New York City and greatly enjoys escapes to the North and South American coastlines.
- – Website: www.blueoceanbob.com
- – Facebook: www.facebook.com/blueoceanbob
Listen at Voice America Kids: http://www.voiceamerica.com/episode/87247/the-gift-of-work
Listen, View Photos, Descriptions, & More at Express Yourself!™ Teen Radio: http://starstyleradio.net/Express_Yourself%21_Radio/Entries/2015/9/1_The_Gift_of_Work.html
Read Press Pass: http://vapresspass.com/2015/09/02/the-gift-of-work/
Listen to all broadcasts at ITUNES: https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/express-yourself!/id481894121?mt=2
WATCH the video: BOOK BASH VIDEO: http://youtu.be/_Evp-ZIXhvU
Express Yourself! Teen Radio is produced by Cynthia Brian of Starstyle Productions, llc as an outreach program of Be the Star You Are! charity. To make a tax-deductible donation to keep this positive youth programming broadcasting weekly to international audiences, visit http://www.bethestaryouare.org/donate.htm. Dare to care!
For all the latest news on what teens are talking about on Express Yourself! Teen Radio embed this code into your blogs and web sites http://www.voiceamerica.com/jwplayer/HostPlayer.html?showid=2014
http://www.bethestaryouare.org/donate.htm. Thanks for supporting teens!
Starstyle, Be the Star You Are, and Miracle Moments are registered trademarks of Cynthia Brian
Come visit our Be the Star You Are! booth at the Pear and Wine Festival on Sept. 26th from 10-4pm and pick up a copy of The Adventures of Blue Ocean Bob. More info at http://starstyleradio.net/Events/Entries/2015/9/26_Pear_%26_Wine_Fes